Position Title: JUNIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Team: Systems Engineering
LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS Canada), is a leading mid-tier Canadian defence electronics company specializing in military voice and data communications systems; electro-optics (EO) and infrared search and tracking systems (IRST); command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems integration; deployable flight data recorders; and defence/space electronics manufacturing.
This junior with experience role supports requirements analysis and management, system design and definition, and system integration of hardware, software and mechanical systems for existing and developmental systems. The work may apply to naval communications systems, flight data recorders, or other DRS aerospace and defense product areas.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports system analysis activities.
- Assists in specifying the design of new systems, prototypes or products to meet established requirements, functional requirements or performance specifications.
- Gathers information to support systems analyses.
- Assists in developing Interface Control Documents.
- Assists in developing interface requirements for equipment interconnections.
- Develops input for technical publications including block diagrams and interconnection diagrams.
- Provides training material and conducts training including onsite training.
- Assists with installations.
- ILS Support to design including reliability, maintainability and availability.
- Design analysis support including safety and human factors engineering studies.
- Writes technical documents including specifications, reports and manuals.
- Assists with requirement traceability including developing and maintaining requirement links between all tiers of specification throughout the system design.
- Develops test plans and procedures to verify products against requirements.
- Maintaining project folders in accordance with CMMI-based corporate processes and procedures
- Works under the general guidance/coaching of other Engineers.
- Must develop technically sound work within prescribed time frames.
- Multiplexes between different tasks and delivers on commitments.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to meet business demands.
- Willing to travel.
- Has a professional attitude.
- Ability to produce quality technical work.
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to rapidly evolving technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or computer science, or equivalent, from a regular or co-op program.
- Approximately 3+ years professional experience in designing, developing and verifying systems related projects.
- Familiarity with systems engineering tools and off-the-shelf packages that can be utilized for system development including DOORS.
- General working knowledge of voice, data, and RF communication.
- General working knowledge of test equipment used in support of hardware and system integration.
- General working knowledge of python and C++ scripting.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements; a minimum of 5-years continuous residence in Canada and a police background check are mandatory.
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian security clearance. DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada