Key Account Specialist (Cyber Security Software)
Blue Ocean Contact Centers
Halifax, NS, Canada
The Key Account Specialist role is one of the coolest jobs we have, representing our client who is the leader in machine generated data! Imagine working directly with senior decision-makers at some of the most well-known companies on a weekly basis. Or being in the midst of major cyber security situations that end up being headline news. Imagine being in control of your own schedule while you strategize on ways the world’s biggest brands can maximize their multi-million-dollar investments in our client’s services. If that sounds kinda cool to you and you’re looking to kickstart your career, read on!
TL;DR Hiring for salaried positions serving as point person to help our major client’s customers get the most out of their services. A high degree of personal accountability and ability to handle top secret situations are key. You manage your own schedule for the most part. No direct tech support involved. This is a great career enhancing position for someone with customer service experience and a drive to grow their professional business-to-business skills. A passion for technology is a must!
You will be a trusted advisor with your own roster of top enterprise-level customers, and you’ll be integral to the long-term success of the relationship between our client and these top customers. The goal of the position is to help those customers achieve their strategic objectives and maximize the value of their investment.
Here’s the deal:
- These positions are full-time (40 hours/week) and will support the North America region, the hours of operation will be between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Flexibility in when you work is required and managing your own schedule is a big part of the job.
- It is a salaried position, which includes paid vacation and health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Training is a combination of shadowing a current team member and completing self-paced and instructor-led online training.
- Bonus: you’ll have the ability to complete thousands of dollars of courses for free! Talk about a résumé boost!
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain a relationship with each account in your portfolio to drive continued value and adoption of products and services. You do this largely through scheduling and running regular meetings with your customers. This role is not centered on “handling” calls or emails.
- Help customers navigate our client’s ecosystem and provide strategic recommendations and best practices. Identify opportunities to drive improvements and help clients leverage value-added products and services.
- Lead reviews of executive dashboards, KPIs, contribute to periodic stakeholder meetings, and deliver program status updates.
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the platform and future products.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality with the information you learn.
What you'll likely have:
- Demonstrated passion for technology and motivation to continuously learn.
- Knowledge of SOAR security is required and CompTIA Security+ Certification is considered an asset.
- Prior experience in customer support situations that include relationship management. You’ll be able to demonstrate how you helped improve customer satisfaction and nurture customer loyalty.
- Big picture thinking and self-motivation. This is not a fit for people who rely on process to know what to do next.
- The confidence and professionalism needed to communicate directly with senior stakeholders including Senior Vice Presidents and Chief Information Officers of multinational organizations.
- The ability to manage your time in a fast-paced environment with competing demands and requirements on your time and the ability to adjust priorities on the fly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to identify the right resources to resolve to problems.
Please email your résumé and cover letter as one document in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please quote Key Account Specialist (Cyber Security) and your name.
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!