Mobilize Jobs has wonderful opportunities for eager individuals with a passion for cuisine and who seek to apply and enhance their culinary skills. Working with a supportive team, in a busy and dynamic environment, the ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, take directions and have a willingness to learn, work in a fast-paced manner and provide adequate service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Our top candidate will have the ability to perform heavy lifting, be on their feet for long periods of time
- Ability to make quick decisions while maintaining an efficient and safe workplace
- Tasks include washing all china, cutlery, glassware, keeping all stewarding areas clean and organized
- You will utilize proper handling off all table wares to reduce breakage, and respect the safe use of all chemicals
- Knowledge of hotel operations would be a great asset to the success of this individual
- Perform kitchen work station opening and closing duties as required
- Report any concerns, incidents, losses or damages to Sous Chef and Supervisor
- Other related duties as required
- In order to be successfully considered for this role you will have previous experience working as a cleaner, dishwasher, or steward, ideally in a similar setting
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Full-time, paid work. This will be provincial minimum wage, plus gratuities and performance bonuses, and your accommodations are taken care of.
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- This position will last for 6 months.
- Once your time has been completed, you'll walk away with new job references, new friends and memories to last a lifetime. If you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
Housing is covered:
- Over the course of your time with Mobilize Jobs, all housing costs will be covered by the Mobilize program.
- The program works in groups of "Mobilizers," so if you have friends you would like to live with, make sure you apply together!
- Customer service or hospitality experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- Must be 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.
- Provide a clear police record.
- Liquor license to be able to serve and work with alcohol.
- A sense of adventure!
ABOUT MOBILIZE JOBS
Mobilize is a new staffing model that works on a rotational placement basis. Our Mobilizers gain valuable work experience, while assisting our partners in the tourism, hospitality and food services businesses. For those wanting to travel, Mobilizers are offered the opportunity to try different locations across Canada for specific roles. Traveling is not a requirement, simply an option for those wanting to take advantage of the opportunity. Each new role comes with the benefit of having your accommodations covered.