Denny's has been proudly serving local customers for over 40 years, and we are continuing to grow with the right people! With over 50 restaurants across Canada, you need not look any further than your local Denny's to understand the secret of its success: employees who enjoy flexible hours, benefit programs, competitive wages, a fun-filled atmosphere, and opportunities to grow.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Employer Contribution
- Gain Sharing Incentive Program
- Management Bonus Program
- Employee discounts with Revelstoke Resort, YYOGA, TELUS, Rogers Mobile, Dell, Kal Tire, Soft Moc, Frazer Way RV, Park n Fly, Serta Mattresses, and more!
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for supporting/assisting the Kitchen Manager in overall restaurant operations, execution, management, and supervision of staff. Additional responsibilities include focus on total Kitchen operations to ensure consistency in quality and the ability to meet the budget.
The Kitchen Supervisors reports to the Kitchen Manager, assists with the supervision of up to 100 crew members, and has a strong commitment to guest satisfaction and Denny's Core Values when interacting with others.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Maintains the integrity of the Denny's brand by monitoring and directing the activities for their restaurant and employees to focus on the quality of the Kitchen operation, sanitation, and Brand standard execution:
- Maintains awareness of food cost budget for their restaurant and employees' focus on the profitability of the Kitchen operations, especially on Food and Labor cost.
- Assists with Ordering, scheduling, interviewing, and hiring for their restaurant.
- Assists in Organization of storage areas, order guides, Prep and Pull sheets and Temperature charts.
- Make sure that all the kitchen shifts are properly staffed.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years experience as a Kitchen supervisor
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to interpret financial statements and understand contributing factors
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Dencan Restaurants Inc., however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Dencan Restaurants Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Dencan Restaurants Inc does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Dencan Restaurants Inc. takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.