This role is based in our Montreal, CA location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Dual role of Lab Manager and Test Campaign Leader
- Technical management of small laboratory test team including test engineers and technicians.
- Experience with planning and testing multiple technologies including hydronic valves (PICV, globe, ball, zone, butterfly), valve and damper electromechanical actuators, digital control systems and sensors.
- Responsible for execution of test campaigns, component and product verification and validation testing.
- Ability to propose/develop testing solutions to deliver new product or applications, perform failure analysis, troubleshoot field complaints, etc.
- Leverage strong application knowledge to optimize test routines, minimize test costs, and provide timely feedback to engineering teams and leadership.
- Responsible for the evolution of laboratory equipment, software, and personnel to support future needs.
- Ability to lead laboratory automation, and best practices to drive efficiency.
- Responsible for lab scheduling, balancing and prioritization of lab equipment and personnel to meet critical project needs.
- Ability to identify and leverage external resources and capabilities when necessary and efficient.
- Participate in test plan writing, guide execution, and delivery of test reports to stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with Developers, Product Owners, Quality Leads, and Product Architects to fully understand application and testinggoals.todetermine appropriate test methodologies and test standards.
- Actively participate as development project team member to efficiently plan and execute necessary testing.
- Ensure necessary equipment calibrations documented and applicable compliance to standards.
This job might be for you if you are/have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, multidisciplinary, or electrical engineering.
- Advanced engineering degree, professional engineering license, or MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years of practical product engineering experience related to electromechanical, hydronic, and/or embedded product development.
- 3 years engineering laboratory or laboratory management experience involving relevant technologies.
- 2+ years' experience with LabView or other test automation software
status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies:Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.