Assure that all products produced, consistently meet or exceed company standards and comply with Provincial and Federal regulations. Facilitate the processing of quality products in an efficient and timely manner. Provide laboratory support to the processing operations by interpreting analytical results, inspecting and analyzing raw materials, in-process samples, prepare daily analytical reports. Be able to proficiently run the analytical analyses on edible oils.
- Ensures compliance with Bunge safety policies by production staff and contractors at all times by putting safety before profit and production.
- Perform analytical tests for all incoming raw materials, in process and finished products.
- Assure that product meets or exceeds standards set forth by the company, Provincial/Federal Governments and customers.
- Standardize lab equipment.
- Follow and demonstrate all Quality and Food Safety programs, includin GMPs, Pest Control, HACCP, SOPs, Good Laboratory Practices and the Food Security program.
- Monitor production operations to include, but not limited to: SPC, Traceability, Products to be shipped, Process Control, Sanitary conditions within the facility.
- Provide accurate reports to departments and customers in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work place.
- All laboratory personnel are required to observe safe and proper work habits to include wearing proper laboratory and safety garments.
- Record all analysis on appropriate log sheets, then enter the data in QA database.
- Replenish solutions as needed. Monitor and report on laboratory inventories.
- Conduct lab equipment calibrations.
- Provide technical support to customers and process personnel.
- Train new personnel in performing required analyses.
- Must properly setup, operate and run all of the laboratory equipment.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor/Manager.
- Technical degree in Science and Chemistry, preferred Laboratory experience may be substituted for educational degree.
- Understand and comply with Bunge Safety Practices, including chemical handling & laboratory safety.
- Knowledge in handling chemicals, titration chemistry, GLC, basic mathematics required.
- General knowledge in laboratory instrumentations.
- Basic computer skills.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled