Bunge is offering a unique opportunity for an individual to join the Rexdale team and participate in a comprehensive co-op program. The successful candidate will be exposed to the day to day running of a Bunge lab facility. As a coop student you will develop the skills and knowledge to provide a foundation in all aspects of laboratory operations in a food grade facility while maintaining a high standard of safety management.
Assist in assuring that all products produced, consistently meet or exceed company standards and comply with Provincial and Federal regulations. Assist in the processing of quality products in an efficient and timely manner. Provide laboratory support to the processing operations by developing skills in interpreting analytical results, inspecting and analyzing raw materials, in-p rocess samples, preparing daily analytical reports.
- Ensure compliance with Bunge safety policies by production staff and contractors at all times by putting safety before profit and production.
- Assist with the performance of analytical tests for all incoming raw materials, in process and finished products.
- Assist with the sampling process by collecting the requested samples e.g. raw, in process and finish product.
- Follow and perform the instruction and requested steps of receiving raw material, and shipping finish product
- Assist with the analyzing of samples as per requirements of implemented/requested programs (AOCS Proficiency Program, Ring-Test Analyses, Shelf-Life Analyses, Cross- Reference Analyses, etc.) or per additional requests from other regions within the Company.
- Become knowledgeable of the product and if it meets or exceeds standards set forth by the company, Provincial/Federal Governments and customers.
- Follow and demonstrate compliance with all pre-requisite requirements related to Quality and Food Safety programs, includin GMPs, Pest Control, HACCP, SOPs, Good Laboratory Practices and the Food Security program.
- Record all analysis on appropriate log sheets and enter the data in QA database.
- Replenish chemical solutions as needed. Monitor and report on laboratory inventories.
- Conduct lab equipment calibrations (as per required frequency).
- Learn to properly setup, operate and run all of the laboratory equipment (recognize and report inaccuracy, faults and technical problems of lab instrumentation and equipment).
- All laboratory personnel are required to observe safe and proper work habits to include: wearing proper laboratory PPE (personal protective equipment) such as uniform, disposable gloves, eye protection and face mask (as necessary).
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work place.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor/Manager.
- Pursuing a degree or diploma in chemical, biochemical or biotechnical program.
- Knowledge and experience in handling chemicals, titration chemistry, spectroscopy, GC and basic mathematics required.
- General knowledge in laboratory instrumentations.
- Clear concise analytical skills with accuracy in reporting and communicating results.
- Computer literacy in Windows based programs.
- Working in a team environment, as well as able to work independently.
- Must be able to lift boxes of chemicals which may weigh up to 20 kgs.
- Must be able to handle, transport and connect various gas cylinders for the operation of lab equipment.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled