Element has an opportunity for Laboratory Analyst to work in our Pharma department. You will be responsible for providing testing using a variety of physical characterization instruments, interacting with clients, and maintain technical work documentation including final report generation.
- Responsible for using appropriate sample preparation methods for materials analyzed, compiling of the test results and work with our Client Services team to maintain client relations while working under minimal supervision
- Responsible for the tasks related to the final reports generation and other technical work documentation
- Conduct routine testing and investigative analysis through all stages of the projects
- Responsible for complying with all aspects of Exova’s procedures and policies including Health and Safety, quality and GMP practices where required and will alert the area manager should problems or issues arise
- Responsible to assist with maintaining equipment in the laboratory including documentation, regular maintenance of instruments and calibration logs
- As required, perform other testing within the department, such as: wet chemistry, XRD, light microscopy, and USP container testing
- College or University degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, or related field
- One to five years of experience in materials testing laboratory
- Proven problem solving abilities in materials science
- Strong knowledge of health and safety requirements for a materials lab environment
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet client deadlines; this may include weekend and evening shifts outside of normal business hours
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.