Laboratory Services Coordinator
Permanent Full Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Coordinators who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Laboratory Services Coordinator will oversee day to day operations at either Mackenzie Health Richmond Hill or Vaughan Sites. In addition, provide assistance with IQMH Accreditation preparations, inspections and survey responses (in collaboration with the Laboratory Manager and the Department Specific Technical Specialists). The Laboratory Site Coordinator will be required to assist the Central Staffing Office with lab schedules, sick/vacation coverage and assign bench rotations to staff as part of the day to day oversight of operations. The Laboratory Coordinator will provide site leadership in collaboration with the Lab Leadership Team.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Provides Site specific operational oversight and Leadership.
• Assist with IQMH/ISO Accreditation preparations and site inspections.
• Is the site specific point of contact to the Central Staffing Office for scheduling and coverage items.
• Works Collaboratively with the Hospital and Laboratory Leadership Team to foster a positive, quality environment for all patients and staff. The Lab Coordinators will support each other as required.
• Assists with Quality reviews and provides Quality Learning opportunities for staff as a follow through.
• Provides assistance with the over arching Document Control System and its operations.
• Serves as a member of laboratory leadership team with Program Director, Clinical Support Services and Manager, Laboratory Services.
• In the absence of the Laboratory Manager, serves as the primary Laboratory leadership resource to support the designated Manager-on-Call or “backup” Clinical Support Services Manager.
• The Lab coordinators will represent the Department by acting as the designated Professional Practice Leaders.
• Will oversee the onboarding training, competency and Continued education for all staff and students.
What must you have?
• Current registration in good standing as a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario.
What else do you bring?
• Excellent understanding of Schedules and Scheduling systems.
• Proven ability to coach and mentor teams
• Proven ability to foster a safe, learning environment where every role is valued and engaged
• Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to work effectively in a diverse environment and with diverse communities.
• Excellent ability to problem solve individually and within a team.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Effective teamwork and conflict management skills.
• Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at an intermediate level.
• Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
• Proactive and self-motivated with an ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrates leadership competencies consistent with position level.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Prior experience in Microbiology and Quality Management Systems will be an asset.
• Experience with IQMH/ISO Accreditations and Inspections preferred.