Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Bureau Veritas is looking for a LABORATORY SUPERVISOR - CHEMISTRY
As a LABORATORY SUPERVISOR, your main responsibilities are:
Responsibilities related to Operational Activities and Quality
- Ensure that equipment and manpower are used productively and appropriately and that they meet production objectives and client demands;
- Ensure that all processes are performed according to the methods detailed in the standard operating procedures (SOP);
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the results generated and that client deadlines are respected;
- Provide the necessary reports and data summarizing the group's performance to the department manager;
- Participate in the evaluation of needs for equipment and tools to support the activities;
Responsibilities related to Client Satisfaction
- Ensure the processing of results satisfy client deadlines and strive to exceed the demands of the client;
- Participate in the evaluation of the activities related to the operation of his/her department, identify weaknesses in the process, and make recommendations to his/her Manager in order to improve the effectiveness of the process and better meet clients' needs;
- Ensure that results are transmitted promptly to the client;
- Be proactive in the identification of problems and inform the appropriate person or act upon accordingly.
Responsibilities related to Human Resources Management
- Train and integrate new analysts to the activities and quality standards related to the organization;
- Monitor performance and ensure that his/her employee(s) get a periodic evaluation of their work;
- Encourage teamwork and cooperation among his/her employees;
- See that the personnel receive the necessary and appropriate support and training in order to maintain a highly competent staff;
- Maintain a working environment that favours self-fulfillment and productivity.
Responsibilities related to Security and Accident Prevention
- Ensure that the employees are aware of the organization's health and safety policies and act accordingly to prevent accidents;
- Ensure, during coordination meetings, that safety is made a priority and clearly understood and respected by all employees.
Responsibilities related to Process and Procedure Improvement
- Develop procedures and processes in order to improve the effectiveness and quality of the work generated in order to better meet clients' needs;
- Participate in the upgrading and implementation of procedures and programs in order to improve overall efficiency, quality, and timely delivery of results to better meet client's needs;
- Ensure that procedures are followed to ensure proper operation and usage of equipment;
- Ensure a follow-up on operations to identify problems and weaknesses in order to improve processes;
You are the ideal LABORATORY SUPERVISOR if:
- Bachelor in Chemistry or equivalent,
- 3-5 years experience in a related field
- Member of the Order of Chemists in Quebec is an asset
- Essential: Bilingual, oral and written
- Qualities: interpersonal communication, detail-oriented, organization,
autonomous, abilities to focus, sense of urgency, multitasking, sociable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with leadership abilities
- Good record keeping skills and attention to detail.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook.