Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry
Bureau Veritas is looking for a
Laboratory Technician, Food Science & Safety Services (Food Microbiology)
TALENT POOL ONLY – For Future Employment Opportunities
As a Laboratory Technician your responsibilities are:
- Performs sample preparation and procedures related to the microbial analyses of food samples and provides general lab support.
- Ensure all client requests are entered in a timely and accurate manner (including but not limited to test codes, sample IDs, deadlines, and hold time).
- Sort and distribute samples to the appropriate areas.
- Perform laboratory analysis; assist in various functions such as weighing and dilutions related to the operation of the Microbiology laboratory.
- Process samples for all food microbiology tests such as ACC, Coliform/E.coli, S.aureus, Salmonella, Listeria, E.coli 0157:H7 and any additional tests.
- Employs proper aseptic techniques to minimize risk of cross contamination between samples and other materials.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) when conducting any laboratory work or procedure.
- Ensures a high level of accuracy in sample preparation and analysis.
- Employs proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabelling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials.
- Identifies and communicates non-conformances to Supervisor.
- Meets quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analyzed within holding time requirements.
- Keeps work area clean, neat and organized according to good housekeeping procedures.
- Supports and complies with all Bureau Veritas policies, Quality System and Health & Safety program.
- Adheres to Bureau Veritas Code of Ethics Policy.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
You are an ideal Laboratory Technician if you have [Minimum Requirements]:
- Possess a post-secondary education and/or equivalent related work experience in analytical laboratory.
- Must be able to distinguish between different colour reactions.
- Must be able to handle all kinds of food samples including (but not limited to) peanuts / nuts, raw meat, seafood, beer/wine, soy, dairy, wheat.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated with a positive outlook and “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good record keeping skills and attention to detail.
- Organized with a professional attitude.
- Some lifting required (up to 20 lbs).
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks requiring fine motor control with the hands (e.g. plating, using pipettes)
- Available to work on all shifts – days, afternoons, nights, weekdays, weekends. Available to work overtime as needed.
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
- Our purpose: shaping a world of trust.
Guaranteeing quality, ensuring Health and Safety, mitigating risks and improving performance as well as environmental protection and social responsibility. This is what Bureau Veritas is about, truly believing that it contributes to bettering society.
Blending performance & integrity, with ambition & humility, responsibility & openness, we are proud that our people leave a mark on what they do.
We respect our people and believe in our talents.
We empower them to leave their mark, working as a team for the benefit of our 400,000 clients across 140 countries.
We believe that leaving a mark is a true challenge and opportunity for every one of us, a sign of trust and impact, a bond with the future, a proof of growth and development.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will Leave your mark…. in shaping a world of trust.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at http://bvlabs.com/careers/current-opportunities
Bureau Veritas Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust