At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Lab Technician to join our Mine Waste team on a full-time contractual basis based in Sudbury.. This role will likely be for 4 months initially with the possibility of extension.
An overview of your role will include:
- Collect, label, sort, handle, and test samples
- Maintenance of detailed lab notes
- Monitoring the progress of tests until completion, while recording relevant data and observations
- Working with and providing support to other members of the field technician group in assisting with other field and office activities as required
- Participating in a team environment
- Cleaning, maintaining, repairing and calibrating testing equipment
You will have a background in:
- Geological, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering Technology Diploma from a recognized Engineering Technology program
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible schedule, with the ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required
- Safety oriented attitude; current First Aid and WHMIS training will be considered an asset
- Previous experience working as a geotechnical technologist will be considered an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.