Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Bureau Veritas is looking for a
Join our talented team of experts in the scientific field to advance your technical knowledge and advance your career. Every day we go above and beyond to deliver innovative solutions to help our clients make important decisions that directly impact the community and the environment.
As a Laboratory Technician, your main responsibilities are:
- Perform food analyses and prep-work on food samples.
- Accountable for accuracy of results and data entry.
- Recognize routine and non-routine problems and consult with supervisor.
- Confer with supervisor if samples exceed deadlines.
- Handle simple routine problems without supervision.
- Meet quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analysed within holding time requirements.
- Identify and communicate procedural non-conformances to Supervisor.
- Employ proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabelling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials.
- Work within established SOPs and QA/QC protocols.
- Solid knowledge and strict adherence to all safety procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
You are the ideal Laboratory Technician, if:
- You have a minimum of Chemical Technician Diploma.
- Possess two years’ experience in Food Testing.
- Adhere to all safety procedures.
- Ability to keep work area organized and clean.
- Good verbal and written skills/ communication.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, with positive outlook and “can-do" attitude.
Shift will be Tuesday to Friday, 12 noon to 8.30 p.m. and
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services.
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
Our purpose: shaping a world of trust.
Guaranteeing quality, ensuring Health and Safety, mitigating risks and improving performance as well as environmental protection and social responsibility. This is what Bureau Veritas is about, truly believing that it contributes to bettering society.
Blending performance & integrity, with ambition & humility, responsibility & openness, we are proud that our people leave a mark on what they do.
We respect our people and believe in our talents.
We empower them to leave their mark, working as a team for the benefit of our 400,000 clients across 140 countries.
We believe that leaving a mark is a true challenge and opportunity for every one of us, a sign of trust and impact, a bond with the future, a proof of growth and development.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will Leave your mark…. in shaping a world of trust.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at http://bvlabs.com/careers/current-opportunities
Bureau Veritas Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust