Labour Relations Coordinator
JV Driver Group
Build Your Future. Come Build With Us
JV Driver has been providing construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, Civil Infrastructure, Commercial and Residential Buildings and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things!
The Labour Relations Coordinator reports to the LR/IR Supervisor. The primary responsibility of the LR Coordinator is to assist with the day to day operations of the labour relations function.
- Contributes to the development, change and implementation of new and existing LR/IR programs by assessing existing programs and reviewing trends and statistical information with the LR team
- Responsible to maintain and update LR/IR documentation and forms
- Assists with the follow ups on grievances
- Works with project staff and the labour relations department on matters related to the Collective Agreements, performance management or other LR/IR issues
- Prepares various reports for labour relations and project management
- Compiles research relevant to various labour board decisions, legislation changes, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing employee forms for accuracy, completion and uploading to personnel file
- Assist with the interpretation of Collective Agreements, internal and client policies and procedures, and legislation in regards to various LR/IR issues that may arise
- Negotiation prep, data gathering, regulation research, document compiling, and provincial legislation alignment
- Data entry and data maintenance within the system.
- Post-secondary education in human resources or other related discipline, or equivalent
- Computer literacy, analytical skills
- Strong coordination and organization skills.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance
- Part-time role, working 20-25 hours a week
- Temporary 18 month employment term.
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 22 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction.