Job Type: Casual (Elect to Work)
Location: Niagara Falls
Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of innovative, cost-effective environmental and industrial services, and recycling solutions that help address industry’s complex environmental challenges. Headquartered in Burlington, Ont., Terrapure employs 2,000 people and operates an integrated network of over 60 locations from coast to coast.
With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, the company provides services that minimize waste and maximize the recovery or recycling of valuable by-products through its facility network and field services on customer sites. This includes a used lubricating oil re-refinery in North Vancouver, B.C.; Canada’s largest lead-acid battery recycling operations, with facilities in Mississauga, Ont. and Ville Ste-Catherine, Que.; an engineered non-hazardous industrial waste landfill in Stoney Creek, Ont.; Ontario’s leading biosolids management provider Terratec Environmental; one of Canada’s leading field services providers Envirosystems Incorporated; as well as operations that reduce costs and enhance the environmental sustainability of industry sectors, including automotive; chemical, petro-chemical and refineries; manufacturing; marine; mining; municipal; pulp and paper; and transportation.
For more information, visit www.terrapure.com
Your primary responsibility as a General Labourer will be to perform physical and manual tasks at a variety of Marine and Industrial job sites in Canada. This position reports to the Project Manager on a day to day basis with overall responsibility under the Marine & Industrial Superintendent.
- Perform general labourer tasks including but not limited to: degreasing, pressure washing, hydro blasting, tank cleaning, setting up and tearing down equipment
- Utilize a variety of tools and machines such as power drills, sprayers, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment
- Be capable of participating in all work related tasks as assigned by your Supervisor at a variety of locations in a safe and effective manner
- Represent the Company by providing professional customer service to our clients, customers, vendors, both on and off the job
- Work efficiently to meet or exceed our productivity goals while maintaining high quality standards
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Previous experience in the marine industry and/or working on industrial job sites is considered a definite asset
- A minimum “G” license is preferred
- A police clearance is required at the time of hire
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Work is performed locally (approximately 70% of the time) and at a distance requiring overnight travel (approximately 30% of the time)
- Work may be performed on a ship, while sailing or in an industrial setting
- Work may require a rotational job schedule depending on the customer and the project. This can include nights and weekends
- You will be required to work in small groups, under the daily direction of the Project Manager
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, such as a hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, safety shoes, and other job specific protective equipment as required
- You will be exposed to environmental conditions such as hot and cold temperatures, work areas that are dirty, dusty, wet and noisy, and areas with frequent vibration
- Shift premium for evening, weekend and holiday work
- Hourly rate is $19.50 per hour
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a drug and alcohol test.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under Careers at www.terrapure.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.