Project Designer – Urban Redevelopment
Our client is an engineering consulting firm specializing in land-development projects in commercial, residential, subdivisions, and urban redevelopment sites across Canada. They are currently looking for a Project Designer for their Urban Redevelopment team on a permanent full-time basis at their office in Vaughan.
- Experience in designing Site Plan and Subdivisions within a dense Urban Environment.
- An intuitive understanding of the design parameters to be able to anticipate the governing design constraints for a project and an ability to creatively overcome these constraints to optimize a design.
- Responsible for various preliminary engineering and detailed design activities, including earthwork analysis, road and parking lot design, site grading, sewer design and analysis, and watermain design)
- A passion for learning new ways to use the design software to produce smarter & faster designs and a desire to be on the leading edge and stay there.
- An understanding that the drawings and reports you produce must communicate clearly the design intention and pride in producing well organized professional looking deliverables.
- The ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities to junior staff and to assist in their skill development and growth.
- A desire to make the world a better place through your professional work and an appreciation that this must be done pragmatically in the context of project budgets and what agencies will approve.
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Subdivision and Site Plan Design.
- A working knowledge of Stormwater Management practices and techniques.
- Experience in sewer design and the hydraulic analysis of sewer systems is preferred.
- Able to assist in the preparation of Quantity Calculations, Cost Estimates, and various contract administration duties as required.
- Performs other project coordination and design related duties as assigned by Project Manager.
- Participates in the monitoring of project schedules and design costs. Communicates pertinent project information to Project Manager, municipalities and staff assigned to projects.
- Keeps project design records and files.
- Civil Engineering Degree or Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma
- 5+ years of related experience in the industry
- A P.Eng or C.E.T. designation is preferred.
- Aptitude for learning
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills and detail oriented
This is a permanent full time position which will pay a competitive salary depending on experience level
Please send all qualified resumes to
Modern Technical Staffing
905-477-3315 ext 307