Ashton Service Group is looking to add to its team of dynamic people. If you are an experienced dispatcher wanting to advance your career working for a fast-growing company, we invite you to bring your passion and energy to one of the premier mechanical contractors in Vancouver! We offer a supportive and innovative leadership team that rewards assertiveness and creativity; you have an admirable work ethic and the personality to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction. If this sounds like a perfect fit, then we would love to hear from you!
Ashton is a leading provider of plumbing and HVAC services. Our professional technicians work throughout the Lower Mainland providing plumbing, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and mechanical system service and maintenance. Celebrating 30+ years in business, Ashton has built a successful and reputable brand through reliable service, quality workmanship, and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
We recognize each member of our team. Since inception, Ashton has achieved high staff retention due to employee satisfaction and work culture initiatives that create a healthy work/life balance. Ashton is proud to be an active member of our local community with involvement in various philanthropic and socially responsible initiatives.
The Lead Dispatcher serves as the pivotal point of contact between our clients and our field staff; evaluating customer needs and matching the appropriate technician to every job. The Lead Dispatcher strives to deliver the most efficient, highest quality customer experiences in our front line/dispatch team.
This position is permanent, full time and reports directly to the Commercial Service Manager.
The Lead Dispatcher is responsible for answering client inquiries, scheduling work, and coordinating our technical team efficiently and professionally. With a consistently high level of attention to detail, the Lead Dispatcher provides our customers with a professional experience from the first phone call to the completion of the service work. Duties include:
- Enhance current dispatch processes to improve department efficiency
- Quoting, job costing, and other proven areas of responsibilities related to dispatch
- Meet daily revenue goals by prioritizing the most urgent and profitable calls
- Relay accurate information to technicians, ensuring the very best in customer experience
- Oversee the whereabouts of each technician, anticipating their needs to achieve optimal performance
- Update customers throughout the day on the technicians’ progress
- Record the results of each service call and create report summaries for senior management
- Demonstrate professionalism and establish strong customer relationships
- Respond to customer requests, resolve issues, and promote Ashton at every interaction
- Participate in training to support company goals
- Demonstrate an interest in growth initiatives; setting and meeting targets
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 5 years dispatch experience in the HVAC and/or plumbing industry or comparable field (i.e. electrical)
- Experience dispatching 15+ technicians
- Experience inspiring, training and mentoring other dispatchers
- Proven ability to act as a liaison between clients and technicians
- Self-starter who is assertive and willing to “go the extra mile” for clients and the team is a must
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to spot obstacles and make sound judgement calls
- Advanced customer service and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities
- Ability to build trust, diffuse conflict and hold others accountable
- Personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment
- Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English
- 60 wpm keyboard skill with a high degree of accuracy
- Software proficiency – including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Web Browsers
- Geographical knowledge of the Lower Mainland
In addition to offering the selected candidate a competitive salary, we also offer a generous extended medical benefits plan, group RSP and incentive plan as well as numerous other benefits.