Reservoir Group is a world-class niche oilfield services company that has been addressing customer challenges for more than 70 years. We partner with E&P operators and large service companies to provide tools and expertise during drilling, completions and production operations. Combining our technical experts, proprietary products, and a high-standard of customer care, we deliver safe, high-quality, and cost-effective solutions. Reservoir Group is a global company headquartered in Houston and has 51 operating locations in 27 countries on six continents.
Reservoir Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Location: Reservoir Group - Canada
Reports to: Production Manager
The Lead Electronics Assembly Technologist is responsible for assisting Production with the technical support, assembly, repairs and maintenance of all Surface and Downhole electronics.
- Perform technical support using diagnostic and service manuals under supervision;
- Assemble products according to engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, flow diagrams, drawings and other verbal or written instructions;
- Ability to read schematic, wiring lists, and BOMs to assemble electrical components;
- Light to medium mechanical assembly will be required. Must be familiar with the use of hand tools and light power tools;
- Understand and follow established wiring practices, crimping and soldering techniques;
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits to component levels;
- Ability to use all Electronic Assembly Machines including but not limited to Ebeam Welder, Laser Marker, Helium Leak Detector;
- Assist Engineering with Prototype builds;
- Complete Pre-Delivery Inspection of orders prior to delivery to clients;
- Creation and Management of all related Electronic Assembly documentation;
- Creation of Training Material for clients and internal staff on Surface and Downhole Electronics;
- Learn new technology, process and procedures and provide trainings to other electronics assembly staff;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work under stress to meet deadlines;
- An aptitude for mechanical and electrical systems;
- Excellent technical and analytical skills required;
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Experience with electronic fabrication would be an asset;
- Experience with calibration would be an asset;
- Experience with ERP system would be an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in both an independent and team environment;
- Knowledge of PC software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred;
- Experience in designing, installing, testing, and troubleshooting electrical systems preferred;
- Familiarity with Canadian Electrical Code;
- Familiarity with ISO 9000/9001 would be an asset;
- High school graduation required;
- Diploma from a Technical Institute required;
- 2-5 years’ experience in the electronics or a related electronics technology field.
- This position requires a person to stand up to 8 hours per day;
- Able to lift up to 15kg;
- Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in Reservoir Group but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.