We are looking for motivated, growth-minded individuals, who are interested in developing a career in business development and economic development. The ideal candidate will prospect and generate business to business leads through cold-calling, primary and secondary research, and email and social media outreach. This candidate should be self-driven, have a B2B sales and tele-prospecting background, and a passion for delivering excellence in client service.
The Economic Development Associate position is an ideal entry level position. We are committed to training & development, and early in the process, you will be empowered to work on multiple important projects and engage with Senior resources at targeted companies on behalf of our clients. Based on performance and your ability to embody our corporate values of “Clients First”, Perseverance & Teamwork, there are advancement opportunities in terms of compensation level and overall responsibilities.
- Qualify prospects, gauge interest, and schedule information sessions.
- Meet established goals for territory development and lead generation targets
- Make outbound efforts, specifically cold calling on the telephone, each day to company executives and decision makers in prospective organizations and generate interest in ROI and its clients’ services
- Collaborate with your team on improving prospecting strategies.
- Maintain customer database and keep account information up to date
- Develop a sustained pipeline by actively following up on marketing leads, understanding customer business challenges, consulting with customers on solutions, and advancing opportunities through the sales pipeline.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years' experience in outbound cold calling sales or lead generation with a track record of success
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to exceed goals
- Strong listening skills and excellent phone demeanor
- Technologically proficient; Salesforce, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Professional demeanor to concisely and effectively communicate with C-level executives
- B2B/B2C sales knowledge and expertise
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Takes accountability, demonstrates personal integrity & honesty
- Self-motivated, highly-energetic and works well in both an independent setting and a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and perform well in a high-pressure environment
- Commitment to quality and excellence in client service
- At ease with targets and KPI delivery
Bonus potential in addition to base salary