The Lead Hand Dock & Door Technician will serve a vital role which includes but is not limited to installation and repair of loading dock and door equipment, perform Preventative Maintenance (PMP) and complete PMP sheets’,PMP allowance, and perform the small repairs while on site (allowance is issued to assist the customer in maintaining their equipment), work with WCO for parts requirements and scheduling, pick up and deliver equipment/parts as directed from WCO from various manufacturers/suppliers to the customer site, all while continuing to learn and progress through the organization. There are also several other important duties that you would be involved in.
- A competitive hourly rate with overtime compensation (after 44 hours per week).
- Health and dental benefits.
- Growth opportunities and Safety conscious environment.
- Supply of uniform and all protective equipment necessary to perform all jobs.
- Employee Assistance Program: Provides free 24/7 access to confidential counselling for life events such as stress, depression, or anxiety as well as financial guidance and life coach sessions among other services.
- Completion of all forms and paperwork in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Keep truck clean and operational at all times. Utilize the helpers to ensure that the service truck is organized and clean, inside and outside.
- Maintain adequate levels of stock of required parts of your truck (identify and report when quantities are low and you require re-ordering.
- Put away items returned to the warehouse.
- Properly dispose of materials removed from customer sites – work with the WCO to ensure procedures are adhered to.
- Constantly improve product knowledge to better service our Customer.
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings.