Job DescriptionJob Title: Lead Hand PlumberWork Site: Plant Maintenance, Squamish Hospital - Squamish, BCStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possibleSalary: $35.23 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays; some on call shifts requiredReference#: 136505-ndh
Come work as a Lead Hand Plumber with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Lead Hand Plumber to join the Plant Maintenance team at Squamish Hospital in Squamish, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Lead Hand Plumber with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for supporting and coordinating the operational activities of the trade area by effectively coordinating and scheduling work orders, and supervising designated staff.
- Identify resource requirements and proactively coordinate all upcoming work to be performed.
- Spend the majority of the time performing skilled Journeyman work as a Plumber.
- Hold the Gas Contractor Registration Certificate for the designated site according to Provincial Regulation.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10, plus four (4) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a Journeyman Plumber recognized by the Province of B.C.
- Class B level Gas Fitter’s License recognized by the Province of B.C.
- Certificate of Competency as a Cross Connection Control Specialist issued by the American Water Works Association, British Columbia Section.
- Successful applicant must reside within 20 minutes of Squamish General Hospital for scheduled after hours on call emergencies that may arise.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.