Wood currently has an opportunity for a Mechanical Designer to join our Mining & Minerals team in the Saskatoon, SK office. This role reports to the Manager, Mechanical and Piping and will have you working alongside other team members locally. The successful candidate will be responsible for various aspects of the layout, design and specification of mechanical equipment and components for industrial plants their related infrastructure.
- Performing as a lead designer and technical support for the layout, design and specification of mechanical systems for industrial plants and related infrastructure
- Designing and drafting of equipment systems in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- Reviewing project documents for scope, presentation and technical accuracy prior to issue
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Design technology
- 10+ years of relevant design and project experience
- 5+ years experience leading project teams in an EPCM environment
- Proven experience with AutoCAD and PDMS and excellent knowledge of 3D design/drafting
- Inventor knowledge is a definite asset
- Heavy industrial, mining or smelting experience would be considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.