Our private sector client is looking for a full time permanent manager of Occupational Health and Safety. This position requires a strong knowledge of both these subject areas, including OHS management systems, performance measurement approaches, implementation of best management practices to improve performance, and industry standards development processes through the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and other related organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the organizations occupational health and safety program, including the occupational health and safety committee;
- Collect data and report on the sector's OHS performance, manage the development and refinement of OHS indicators;
- Review and analyze stakeholder safety reports and provide insights/ analyses to members
- Work closely with other external organizations and partners to learn from best practices and develop partnerships.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience;
- A university degree or a college diploma in engineering, occupational health and safety, industrial standards;
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing budgets and forecasting;
- Demonstrated experience in OHS issue management and standards development.
Education and Certifications
- University Degree or College Diploma