Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Lead Robotic Weld Technician will be responsible for overseeing daily welding activities, developing standard work procedures and multiple project support. Successful candidates will possess programming capability, as well as have demonstrated experience with good troubleshooting, startup support and leadership. Promoting good communication within the Automation department as well as all other departments to ensure a quality product is essential.
- Responsible for coordinating the daily activities and scheduling of travel within the welding group
- Support and follow up on completion of welding dept. tasks / team meetings
- Provide feedback on dept. performance regularly and assist with annual performance reviews.
- Set up of weld equipment on plant floor for initial customer part runs and supporting documentation
- Verification and/or trouble shooting any weld problems or weld quality issues on the shop floor and customers site as required
- Train/Inform Automation personnel on new equipment or programming
- Assist Management with welding related Engineering Change Notices as necessary
- Prepare welding documentation to ISO and/or customer specifications
- Work with internal process department on newly awarded programs verifying weld process feasibility and equipment validation to customer's specifications
- Weld process validation (i.e. initial weld coupons testing for initial weld schedules)
- Welding Technician Degree an asset
- Minimum Three (5) years’ experience in automotive welding environment
- Minimum Five (3) years’ leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of welding processes, resistance welding and arc welding in robotic assembly lines and equipment.
- Familiar with Bosch, WTC, Lincoln, Fronius weld control software and equipment
- Good understanding of robotics
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Ability to work as a team member and individually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Office and shop floor environment
- Overtime hours will be required
- Day, overnight and extended travel required to customers sites
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
MASSIV Automated Systems, an advanced technology based division of Magna International Inc., specializes in the design and build of automated / robotic assembly lines for the automotive industry. Our areas of expertise include hemming (robotic and table top), laser welding, and assembly line welding. Our customers include other divisions within Magna and the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as General Motors, Chrysler and Ford.
We are a true global supplier to the automotive industry! Our assembly lines provide a diverse range of automotive products such as doors, hoods, liftgates and underbody parts to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Asia and Europe.