We lead one of the most exciting and advanced industries on earth. Around the world, nearly every passenger flight relies on SITA technology, almost every airport and airline does business with us, and it’s our job to support their operations. As the world's leading air transport IT and communications specialist, we’re committed to meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, every day.
Our Vision: Easy air travel every step of the way
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
With us there are no limits for people looking to explore the edges of possibility and beyond. Together, we Go.Far.
Challenge: Our people take on some of the biggest challenges in our industry. They aren't afraid to think bigger, work harder and deliver smarter solutions that are continuously transforming air travel.
Opportunity: Taking on these challenges opens up a world of opportunities for our people. We make sure they have the chance to develop their skills, explore new horizons and grow their careers on a global scale.
At SITA we believe that creating and nurturing an inclusive culture is about who we are as an organization, and as an employer. Diversity is more than a target to us, it’s a key part out of our collective identity and values.
You have to Manage the technical design development and maintenance of applications and systems using existing and emerging technology platforms. Should be able to writes and delivers complex code and modules for new features, debugs existing code and modules and as the ''technical lead'' guides less experienced Developers - FTEs Contractors Offshore Partner Resources - on such activities.
You will participates in the development of coding practices guidelines and all technical processes and ensures they are followed by less experienced Developers. Owns the assignment and allocation of defects to appropriate Developers for fixing. Participates in gathering managing and analyzing requirements to design new application and system features. Is responsible for overall estimates produced by less experienced Developers on a team for all technical work. Plays the role of a Scrum Master.
- Should have experience in a software development designing and developing software applications. Experience with agile, scrum development practices with experience in a DevOps work environment, CI/CD is a plus.
- Good in building APIs, use of Microservices, API Management Platform.
- Experience with Business Intelligence & Business Analytics product development
- Experience with MS Azure, AWS, developing cloud based applications. Experience with C#, .NET, ASP, Java, RESTful services, JSON SOAP, XML, SQL, Java, Datalakes, BI Tools.
- Experience with TDD, Secure Coding Practices, Static Code Analysis. Experience leading offshore teams
- Experience with Air Transport Industry applications is a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be the lead technical role on small to medium sized projects.
Thorough understanding of the software development cycle and associated project management techniques.
- Ability to develop effort estimates and lead the estimation process for projects of medium to high complexity. Demonstrate a good understanding of customers' business objectives for assigned projects. Good knowledge of mobile development concepts.
- Solid knowledge of IT security concepts and ability to use them while designing and developing code.
Demonstrate the ability to apply application design concepts: object-oriented design design patterns ASP.NET Database development.
Demonstrate the ability to use DataSet SQL stored procedures or develop stored procedures maximizing performance. Advanced knowledge of version control / source code management
- Sound knowledge of and ability to apply standard software development principles theories concepts and techniques. Ability to coordinate multiple technical streams of work to produce a complete solution.
Ability to develop detailed designs for or lead the design of small to medium systems or features in large applications.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering. Professional programming certification in a mainstream programming language is a plus. Formal training in project management is a plus. Certified Scrum Master would be a plus.
SITA is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, Aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process.