For more than 30 years, Automated Logic have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. We offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat. Automated Logic is a business within Carrier as part of United Technologies Corporation.
• Work independently to complete scheduled preventative maintenance, emergency and repair/retrofit tasks on Building Automation Systems at various customer sites.
• Mentor your team on customer interaction, technology and tools. Provide leadership to organize, prioritize activities and improve business performance and contract profitability.
• Create solutions to complex building systems problems; troubleshooting and advising others on how to resolve problems. Work with subcontractors and other trades.
• Inspection and calibration of systems requiring basic electronic test equipment and laptop.
• Ability to inspect, modify and create control programs, loop schemes, and graphics, follow blueprints, specifications, and manufacturers’ instructions to setup components.
• Monitor customer buildings to ensure optimum performance standards are being achieved. Fine tune systems as new programs and sequences are developed. Stay informed of industry developments for energy savings strategies.
• Setup, update, and repair WebCTRL, Windows server, and local area networks. Customize graphics and software to improve user experience. Responsible for performing database backup and proper storage and recovery.
• Effectively communicate observations about facility building automation equipment, systems condition, deficiencies. Provide recommendations for enhancement and repair. Prioritize service visit activity and provide routine customer communication on arrival/departure.
• Create and propose site-specific scopes of work (and quotations) for repairs and retrofits. Work independently to complete small service projects, coordinating with customers, subcontractors and others.
• Perform site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system.
• On time completion for all paperwork including time sheets, expense reports, service reports, on-site documentation and project status reports.
• Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency.
• Requires passion and dedication to providing the customer with innovative and superior building automation systems and outstanding customer service.
• Able to provide direction and guidance to other team members. Knowledge of supervisory and management techniques an asset.
• Strong environmental, health and safety mindset. Ability to perform work in a safe manner and help others work safely.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and professional, positive attitude.
• Ability to concentrate, conceptualize and act under stressful situations and tactfully and professionally respond to customer concerns.
• Must be able and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
• Prior experience troubleshooting experience especially in the BAS field or related controller, HVAC mechanical fields.
• Possesses an excellent understanding of the operation and control of HVAC mechanical equipment and their BAS control sequences.
• Experience setting up and troubleshooting BACnet and Modbus protocols integrations Energy management and optimization strategy for buildings and BAS system.
• Demonstrated experience with computers, networks, standard cyber security measures. Configuration and use of standard remote access VPN packages.
• Proficient with all WebCTRL software functions and utilities. Has an excellent working knowledge of Automated Logic hardware and software.
• Computer and networking skills to properly maintain their laptop as well as experience in the commissioning of Ethernet and ARC Net communications. TCP/IP networks (Arcnet, MS/TP) including wireless technology, including layout and troubleshooting.
• Building codes and standards and ability to research and apply related codes and standards.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
• Associates Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training with minimum of 5+ years’ experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Building Automation (or equivalent) with minimum of 3+ years’ experience