Reporting to the Senior Manager – Multi-Channel Logistics, the Multi-Channel Logistics Engineer is responsible for providing support to Best Buy’s Canadian Distribution centers in Toronto and Vancouver. This support would include evaluation, analysis, recommendations and implementation pertaining to all distribution center processes and material handling changes for configuration, reverse logistics, and fulfillment operations. The job would include labor standards/cost impact of various process implementations/changes, labor models to support same, and capacity constraint identification, some examples would include: Supporting and maintaining all Best Buy distribution center labor standards, material handling standards, and reporting on same; Recommendations of various supply chain configuration changes in terms of labor, fixed costs, and transportation expenses should be made when warranted based on business environment changes; Hands-on cross functional interface at all levels within the corporate offices and in various distribution centers; Mentoring and training; Independently managing project workload
Building Layout Efficiency and Capacity Maximization
- Responsible for analyzing space and capacity of facilities with current and forecasted volumes to determine utilization rates and recommend any necessary adjustments to footprint.
- Analyze facility layout to recommend increases in efficiency and quality.
Labor and Material Handling Standards
- Responsible for analyzing the work flows and capital resources to recommend the most effective method of meeting business requirements.
- Responsible for assessing the techniques, staffing, and equipment utilized to determine production rates and capacities.
- Plans and designs systems that increase productivity by improving the integration of people, materials, and equipment.
- Recommends changes to work methods, safety measures, and labor organization.
- Develop labor standards by analyzing work samples, work flow, methods of production, and operator techniques.
- Comply with all safety policies (ongoing)
- Responsible for managing projects of various size related to facility layout and design, relocation, new process integration, process revisions, technology deployment, labor modeling, and other related efficiency and waste reduction initiatives
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification in Six Sigma methodologies is strongly encouraged
- Some experience in a similar role is considered an asset
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Engineering
- Master\'s Degree in Industrial Engineering or MBA
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S