Job Number: 10084
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna International Corporate Office
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
The Learning & Development Specialist will be a key member of the People, Development and Training team, supporting the design and production of a variety of training tools and programs.
The incumbent will be dedicated to facilitating the development of virtual instructor-led and self-directed eLearning in multiple formats including videos. The incumbent of this role will be responsible for working with Subject Matter Experts and creating and/or converting classroom training to virtual training in the most efficient and effective method to ensure a great learning experience.
• Work with content experts to design appropriate content for Virtual Instructor Led and eLearning courses
• Design and create a variety of training resources and media to support various blended and social delivery methods
• Review training materials/resources from a variety of vendors and select appropriate vendor(s)
• Monitor and evaluate training programs to ensure they are current and effective
• Align program drafts with stakeholders within and outside of Magna
• Perform administrative tasks as required by the role
Skills and Competencies
• Advanced experience with Articulate Storyline, Articulate 360 or other eLearning development tools
• Excellent communication skills with good grammar/sentence structure skills, writing, editing, communications and presentation skills
• Experience in project management preferred
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Attention to detail is non-negotiable
• Knowledge of SAP SuccessFactors would be considered a benefit
• Sound understanding of adult training and education.
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio);
• Online meeting/desktop sharing software (e.g. Webex, Teams);
• Screen capture software (e.g. SnagIt);
• Bitmap and/or vector-based graphics software (e.g. Paint, Illustrator);
• SCORM, AICC, xAPI standards.
• Demonstrated ability in designing and developing training and educational materials for adults using various delivery methods, with focus on e-learning.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current learning technologies, and Learning Management System
• Most of the job is performed in a standard office environment
Knowledge and Education
• College Diploma/Certificate Training and Development or Adult Education
• Prior experience in Training, Development and Management – minimum 3 years
• Experience in training and development, instructional design, teaching, or related work.
• Previous work experience in the automotive industry or similar industries is preferred.
• Experienced in vendor management, relationship management, and negotiation, would be an asset
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Records Check and, if deemed necessary, a Credit Check as part of the candidate selection process.