Le ga l Administrative Assistant
Our Client is a well-established national firm specializing in Business Law. This is a fantastic and growing organization based in the heart of Downtown Vancouver. Due to growth of the business and continuing success they are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant for their Financial Services Department, providing a variety of routine legal and administrative duties to one Partner and two Associates in a sharing arrangement focusing primarily on mining and corporate matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing legal documents from written, oral and taped instructions and precedents in both corporate and securities law.
- Drafting routine correspondence on behalf of lawyers.
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Obtaining information and instructions from clients and forwarding to lawyers.
- Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
- Managing bring forward system and keeping lawyers apprised of office matters.
- Providing support to lawyers and staff as required and requested.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Post secondary diploma or certificate in legal administration.
- A minimum of 3 years previous legal administrative assistant experience in corporate and securities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2007 with advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with Internet applications as well as digital dictation software.
- Superior organizational skills and above-average attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external clients.
- Able to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment all with minimal supervision.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Darcia Bower, Managing Director, quoting reference #3213-D, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.