Le ga l Administrative Assistant - Litigation
Our Client is a well-established national firm specializing in Business Law. This is a fantastic and growing organization based in the heart of Downtown Vancouver. Due to growth of the business and continuing success they are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant for their Financial Services Department, providing a variety of routine legal and administrative duties to two Associates with an emphasis on commercial insolvency in matters related to debt restructuring, corporate reorganizations, loan workouts, fraudulent preference actions, bankruptcy and receiverships and related litigation.
The Successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing basic legal documents from written, oral and taped instructions and precedents.
- Drafting routine correspondence on behalf of lawyer.
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- Transcription of dictations.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
- Managing bring forward system and keeping lawyer apprised of matters in office.
- Assisting with assembly of affidavits, application records, factums and books of authorities.
- Coordinating with process servers regarding service and filing of court materials.
- Coordinating with court offices regarding trial and application bookings and related court material filings.
- Drafting cover/service letters and coordinating delivery of documents.
- Coordinating and monitoring administrative functions to ensure completion of work accurately and within established time frames.
- Providing support to other lawyers and staff as required and requested.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- College Diploma in Legal Administration.
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience as a litigation assistant. Experience in restructuring & insolvency as well as commercial litigation is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office 2007.
- Knowledge of Automated Civil Litigation (ACL).
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet applications and digital dictation software.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervisionas well as part of a team.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Ciara McShane, Recruitment Consultant, quoting reference #3212-C, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.