Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Corporate, Capital Market, Secretary and Compliance
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent supports the Chief Compliance Officer, in the implementation and management of Ivanhoé Cambridge’s legal compliance program in all of the Company’s offices in Canada and abroad. He or she guides the various stakeholders in interpreting and applying the program, especially its constituent policies, directives and procedures. He or she is regularly called upon to advise and support to the Company’s business units and stakeholders.
- Draft and regularly update the Company’s compliance policies under the responsibility of Legal Affairs, especially those regarding ethics, the protection of personal information and the prevention of corruption;
- Regularly provide legal advice on the application of the policies;
- Ensure implementation and follow-up of measures to monitor the application of various policies and guidelines for all the Company’s business offices;
- Provide advice regarding the protection of personal information by producing impact analyses of the Company’s various initiatives in this area;
- Monitor compliance requirements that can affect the Company in Canada and abroad by analyzing the impacts, suggesting required adjustments and ensuring communication with the relevant stakeholders;
- Identify and implement risk mitigation measures regarding compliance;
- Identify and implement information dissemination measures regarding compliance best practices applicable to the business units;
- Act as a business affairs expert in supporting the business units’ various initiatives;
- Collaborate regularly and share best practices with CDPQ colleagues;
- Provide compliance and ethics training to members of the business units;
- Perform compliance checks and conduct risk analyses, as required.
- Member of the Bar of Québec or a bar of another relevant jurisdiction;
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience, preferably in business law or compliance;
- Excellent knowledge of, or keen interest in, practices and principles that apply to ethics and compliance;
- Knowledge of the protection of personal information is an asset;
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the Company and to maintain good professional relations with members of the business units and management;
- Strong writing skills in French and English – bilingualism is a must, as are solid communication and outreach skills;
- Excellent judgment, analytical mind, curiosity, self-sufficiency and ability to handle pressure well;
- Organizational skills and ability to manage priorities;
- Thorough and detail oriented.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.