Drake International is searching for a Legal Assistant for our client, one of the largest business law firms in Canada. The Legal Assistant will independently manage the daily activities of her/his lawyers in their litigation practices. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to
- Handling all administrative duties such as email and calendar management, coordinating meetings, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system, as well as providing appropriate reminders.
- Under legal professional supervision, preparing legal documents and correspondence according to precedents and/or instructions (drafting letters, revising draft documents, and preparing document comparisons).
- Transcribing digital dictation.
- Entering time dockets.
- Liaising with Billing Coordinators for the monthly production of accounts.
- Ensuring all physical and electronic filing is organized and up to date on a regular basis.
- Delegating tasks to, and coordinating with, other administrative departments.
- Providing backup coverage in the absence of other assistants.
- Other duties, as assigned, such as reception coverage from time to time.
- Legal assistant diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute
- 5 to 15 Years' legal assistant working experience.
- Experience in personal injury, wills and estates, civil and construction litigation will be preferred.
- A strong client service approach - ready, willing, and able.
- Impeccable proofreading and grammar skills.
- Being organized, with high attention to detail and accuracy when completing tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful and work with minimal instruction or supervision.
- Being able to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, .
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties.
- Being proactive and taking initiative in anticipation of next steps.
HOURS OF WORK
- From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Occasional pre-authorized overtime may be required to meet client needs.
If you want to take on new challenges and be part of a reputable and experienced team, then you are the person we are looking for!
Drake wishes to thank you for your submission. Should your resume meet the job requirements, we will contact you.
To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day, you may visit on our website - https:// ca.drakeintl.com and join the Drake Talent Network; it's free, simple and quick.
$55,000.00 - $65,000.00 /year