Our client is a prominent Canadian law firm with a well-established local, national and international practice. The firm comprises a diverse group of more than 150 of Canada's most talented lawyers.
CONTRACT: APPROXIMATELY 18 MONTH TERM.
Assisting the Corporate Law Clerks with the following tasks (but not limited to):
- Preparation of corporate legal documents (i.e. resolutions and related minute book materials, including share certificates and corporate information sheets) using established precedents.
- Preparation and maintenance of directors', officers' and shareholders' ledgers and registers within a corporate database.
- Preparation of standard correspondence, including reporting letters, as required, using established precedents.
- Preparation of various government forms (i.e., business name registrations, partnership registrations, limited partnership registrations, extra-provincial applications and annual returns and HST application) within a corporate database.
- Input and maintenance of corporate records and information in accordance with standard procedures within a corporate database.
- Minute book and general filing.
- Drafting and filing notices online through ON service provides.
- All other necessary administrative tasks, including entering dockets, to enable the corporate law clerks to complete their assignments in a timely manner.
- Willing to work overtime, as required, to facilitate the closing of corporate transactions.
- Successful completion of post-secondary studies in a related program (Legal Assistant and/or Law Clerk).
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience preferably in Corporate Law.
- Strong technical skills using: MS Word, Outlook, Acumin, CorpLink, Adobe PowerPoint.
- Able to type on the typewriter.
- Knowledge of Oncorp, Cyberbahn and Strategis websites an asset.
- Essential skills include the ability to communicate professionally with internal and external clients, team player, service oriented, and the ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail.
- The right candidate will be confident, efficient, flexible and well organized.
Legal Assistant - Corporate Law (Contract)
Donna Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Donna Turner: http://stoakley.com/meet-donna-turner/
July 23, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Legal, Assistant, Corporate Law, Corporate, Administration, Legal Assistant.
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Vacation/paid time off
- Performance bonus
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid sick days