Manpower is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to fulfill a contract position in Edmonton, AB.
- Extensive work managing calendars, scheduling appointments and updating diaries.
- Documenting and processing budgetary/claim expenses.
- Typing, editing and proofreading judgments, including researching and verifying case and statute citations, to ensure accuracy of the finished product prior to filing.
- Researching and preparing correspondence and memoranda of a highly complex and confidential nature.
- Preparing material for court hearings.
- Handling of sensitive and confidential information.
- Establishing and maintaining filing systems.
- Handling incoming telephone inquiries and mail.
- Coordinating travel arrangements often of complex nature.
- Coordinating meetings and conferences, which includes organizing and assembling all documents required
- Performing other related administrative tasks as requested.
Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and and Legal Diploma
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working as a legal assistant
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience drafting orders for lawyers
- Experience in financial reporting, ensuring the accuracy and reliability of financial statements
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Accounting principles and Canadian public sector accounting standards.
- Experience in customer service and ethics
Please email your resume directly to email@example.com