LEGAL ASSISTANT - MUNICIPAL
Our client is a prominent Canadian law firm with a well-established local, national and international practice. The firm comprises a diverse group of more than 150 of Canada's most talented lawyers.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
- Support the day-to-day requirements of two busy Associates with their Municipal, Land Use Planning and Expropriation practices.
- Responsible for daily correspondence and document preparation.
- Assembling and filing of tribunal hearing documents including but not limited to affidavits, motion records and books of authorities.
- Handle administrative details with respect to filing, accounting, docketing and expenses.
- Monitor and maintain tickler systems, schedules and calendars.
- Open and close files as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three years' previous experience as a legal assistant, preferably in Litigation or Administrative Law.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Experience working with the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (formerly Ontario Municipal Board) is considered an asset.
- Successful completion of Post-Secondary Education, preferably a University Degree with a Legal Assistant and/or Law Clerk Certificate.
- Strong technical skills using MS Office.
- Detail oriented with strong proofreading skills.
- Very organized, strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative and work independently.
- Client service oriented and have the ability meet tight deadlines.
Legal Assistant - Municipal
- Completion of Post-Secondary Education, Preferably a University Degree with a Legal Assistant and/or Law Clerk Certificate.
Nataly Kabakova, Recruiter
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Nataly Kabakova: http://stoakley.com/meet-nataly-kabakova/
November 4, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Legal Assistant, Municipal, Litigation, Administrative Law.
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Performance bonus
- Vacation/paid time off
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid sick days
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability