CBES founded in 2013 by a group of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals has been assisting its clients to organize their businesses, streamline their operations, create a proper business structure, legal compliance and more.
Growing and currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our team in the role of a Legal Assistant with background in corporate law and experience in litigation. The successful candidate must demonstrate very strong communication and technical skills, high attention to detail, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines. In addition, strong client service skills, organizational skills and practice management abilities are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and assist in preparing necessary documents and contracts
- Draft legal documents including consent letters, memorandums, forms, etc.
- Consult with legal counsel in ensuring clients understand case timeframes and possible issues during the course of the proceedings
- Contact concerned parties and opposing counsels to finalize documents and work out schedules and procedures
- Liaise with partner firms and other related parties (translators, etc.), if needed
- Develop internal service control procedures and ensure all files are accounted for
- Establish work procedures to ensure that deadlines are met, company procedures are followed, and business goals are achieved
- Oversee and co-ordinate day-to-day office organizational procedures, and evaluate and develop new practices as deemed necessary by the company
- A college diploma in legal studies or equivalent experience working in a legal assistant role.
- At least 2 years of experience as a legal assistant with background in corporate law/litigation
- Good knowledge of the English language – both verbal and written
- Strong business acumen and an ability to prioritize and delegate daily workload; and
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Excel and Word applications)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of litigation experience in the justice system are considered as assets
Compensations and Conditions:
- $27.00 per hour for 40 hours work week (overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week, if applicable);
- Permanent, non-seasonal, full day-time position;
- Vacation, personal days and expenses related to occasional travel will be covered by the employer up to an agreed amount and to be discussed during the interview;
- Location of work: 300 Supertest Road, Unit 1, Toronto, ON M3J 2M2
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those candidates who meet the requirements and qualify will be contacted for an interview. Please do not call the employer directly.