Translational Research in Oncology (TRIO) is an academic clinical research organization that is dedicated to advancing translational cancer research by bringing forward innovative and targeted therapeutic concepts from the lab into the clinical trial setting. We are committed to providing treatments of the future to the world today.
Are you a seasoned Legal Assistant or Paralegal with extensive contract experience? Are you looking for a role that gives you independence and flexibility? If so, TRIO is looking for a Contracts Administrator to manage all contracts within our unique global organization. TRIOâ€™s head office is in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with operations throughout Canada, the USA, France and Uruguay.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, we are seeking an individual with extensive contract management experience and strong attention to detail.
- Maintain a system to track legal documents from initial receipt of a draft to final execution.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the contract database and other contract repositories ensuring appropriate electronic access to relevant internal parties, in addition to tracking expiry dates and key milestones.
- Review all legal documents (e.g. research, software licensing, data processing, and indemnity agreements) according to timelines for completeness, accuracy, applicability, and feasibility.
- Liaise with TRIOâ€™s external counsel and with client legal departments, as required.
- Provide holistic and thorough guidance to TRIO teams on acceptable revisions for language, terms, etc. according to precedent, firm policy, and existing contractual commitments to allow the departments and executive management to negotiate as required.
- Prepare research and summaries of the key responsibilities or obligations outlined in legal documents for the concerned TRIO departments.
- Develop training and instructional materials for TRIO working alongside other departments.
- Create language standards, rules, and templates to ensure consistency and required language for all legal documents, particularly when interrelated.
- Identify and recommend a resolution to any existing conflicts or deficiencies with TRIOâ€™s legal documents.
- Minimum 3 â€“ 5 years legal assistant/paralegal experience with an emphasis on contract management and negotiation.
- Post-secondary certificate, or diploma in Legal Administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum intermediate proficiency in MS Office, particularly MS Word.
- Strong attention to detail and effective review of documents and research skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience reporting to, and supporting executive management.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 5% salary match RRSP contributions
- Life, health, & dental premiums paid by TRIO
- $70 monthly internet allowance
We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR