We have an immediate opening for an experienced Tax Legal Assistant in our Edmonton office.
Our legal assistant structure is based on a team model within a practice group. Legal assistants typically support more than one lawyer and will be called upon help others within their practice group when workload volumes are at their peak or during periods of vacation or absence coverage.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading routine correspondence, letters and other related documents;
- Maintaining and organizing client contacts, files and various calendars;
- Prioritizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work within established timelines;
- Managing administrative tasks, including time entry, billings, scheduling of appointments and coordinating meetings etc.;
- Transcribing digital voicemail and maintaining files and diarizations on a daily basis;
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis; and
- Any other duties, as required.
- Legal Assistant diploma from an accredited college plus a minimum of five (5) years of previous legal assistant experience in related practice areas;
- Tax experience is considered a definite asset but not required as training can be provided;
- Superb accuracy, attention to detail and time management skills;
- Advanced computer skills; proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience with digital filing, document management and dictation software;
- Able to work independently and in a team environment;
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure both independently and in a team setting;
- Able to work with minimal instruction and prioritize the workload accordingly;
- Responsible, dependable and consistent;
- Takes pride and ownership in the finished work product;
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by email to:
Dentons Canada LLP
2900 Manulife Place
Edmonton, AB, Canada T5J 3V5
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes will be destroyed after three months.