Borden Ladner Gervais LLP one of Canada's largest law firms is seeking a Case Manager, Discovery Services
Case Manager, Discovery Services
Your new company
The Calgary office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, one of Canada's largest law firms, is seeking a Case Manager, Discovery Services to join the team.
At BLG, it begins with service! Their approach to Professional and Service Excellence is based upon personal standards of absolute integrity, unfailing mutual respect and dedication in all that we do for our clients. They pride themselves on having the best talent, legal and non-legal, and delivering the best service.
Your new role
The Case Manager, Discovery Services assists in the provision of e-discovery support to the firm's Litigation Lawyers, Law Clerks/Paralegals And Assistants, and assists in managing case databases in our e-discovery applications. The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Provides user support for e-discovery, imaging & document database related issues in accordance with firm-wide best practices.
- Assists in developing, preparing and maintaining standards and best practices for using the firm's e-discovery solutions and processes.
- Assists in assessing and determining legal team requirements and instructions for the successful implementation of e-discovery solutions in specific matters.
- Assists in organizing and managing the input and quality control of data into Relativity databases by internal resources and by third party vendors. The data will include databases, scanned images, electronic documents, transcripts of proceedings and other evidence.
- Assists in tracking the status of projects - including those sent to external vendors - and provides regular project status reports to the legal teams to ensure that projects are completed within the approved budget and on time.
- Supports external access to the firm's e-discovery system by approved outside users, such as lawyers working away from the office, clients, witnesses and co-counsel.
- Assists in educating and supporting the [Location] office litigation team in the best practice use of the firm's e-discovery solutions and processes, and assists the legal team in identifying cost and efficiency benefits in using litigation technology.
- Provides occasional end user training for Relativity and other litigation support applications.
- Provides first-tier user support and direction for all local users of the firm's e-discovery software, and provides backup support to users in other BLG offices.
- Supports end users by customizing e-discovery software, including fields and forms to accommodate data entry or review.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will have previous experience in as a Case Manager, Legal Assistant or Paralegal in which you were responsible for managing the flow of discovery documentation and materials. You will have strong computer a nd technical skills, and an enthusiasm for e-discovery software and electronic discovery, as well as a good understanding of the practical requirements of eDiscovery. In addition you will have the ability to meet deadlines and to work effectively and independently under pressure. The ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure is essential.
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with a generous salary, a full benefits package, and the opportunity to work for one of Canada's largest practices.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role and have the required experience, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume, or call us now.
Benefits, RRSP, DSP, overtime