POSITION: Legal Counsel
Vancouver, BC (canada)
Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. is a global player with an extensive and growing portfolio of assets in Canada, the United States, France, Chile and Iceland. The Company develops, acquires, owns and operates hydroelectric facilities, wind farms, solar parks and geothermal plants exclusively producing renewable energy.
Sustainable development producing positive social, environmental and economic results guides our actions. We are not only proud of the work we do, but also of the way we do it. Our many accomplishments and continued successes are made possible by our outstanding team of employees.
Innergex, a publicly traded company, has offices in Longueuil, Vancouver, Lyon and San Diego.
The chosen candidate will be based at ourVancouver office.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President – Legal Affairs, Operations and Projects, the main responsibilities of the candidate will be to:
- Participate in renewable energy acquisition and project development files;
- Ensure the necessary follow-up of all commitments prior to and following the closing of project financings, acquisitions and development;
- Draft, negotiate and review various commercial contracts;
- Coordinate and manage the legal side of setting-up and following-up on community or financial partnerships, in close collaboration with the Project Development team;
- Assist and advise all business units in all legal aspects related to the activities of the Corporation.
- Able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Autonomous, well-organized and detail-oriented;
- Strong integrity and ethical work standards;
- Proven ability for teamwork.
- Minimum of 3-7years of relevant experience in financing, acquisition or renewable energy project development or infrastructure;
- Member of the British Columbia Bar or the Bar of another Canadian province;
- Member of an American state Bar, an asset;
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel);
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
HR@innergex.com ● www.innergex.com
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.