Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets as at December 31st, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Legal Affairs, Operations
Position type: Contract (9 months)
- Prepare, review and negotiate leases and various legal documents related to the leasing of space principally in office buildings portfolio as well as shopping centres;
- Draft and amend special clauses to be included in different legal documents;
- Advise and mentor various members of the legal team on negotiation and drafting of principally office leases as well as shopping centre leases and all ancillary documents;
- Advise VPs, general managers, leasing agents, property administration, operations and various other personnel regarding operational matters and issues in relation to office properties as well as in relation to development and construction matters;
- Review and negotiate various contracts and agreements in relation to property services, development and construction, communication, marketing, IT;
- Provide advice and consultation to various departments within the Company, including operations, leasing, marketing, communications, insurance, IT, property services, development and construction and other departments;
- Manage external counsel in relation to litigation files, bankruptcy and other matters and advise and assist internal departments on such matters;
- Provide services and advice in relation to various other matters as required from time to time.
- Member in good standing of the Quebec Bar Association;
- 4 to 6 years of pertinent experience in a firm or company;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Self-directed, initiative and goal oriented;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.