Requisition ID: 118489
Store #: 001901 LensCrafters
At LensCrafters, we love eyes and we care about the people behind them.
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America with 900+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, our love of eyes and higher standard of quality have made LensCrafters a leader in vision care for over 30 years.
With a career at LensCrafters, you’ll find yourself learning, growing, and interacting with some of the most passionate and talented people in the business. At the same time, you’ll be helping people look and see their best.
The Lab Manager creates exceptional value in the lives of our customers by delivering Signature Customer Experiences. Ensures customers are always delighted by manufacturing eyewear in accordance with LensCrafters Quality Manufacturing Program. Creates a safe, supportive, and motivating work environment which encourages innovation and commitment.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides unsurpassed customer service through ensuring the LensCrafters lab staff utilizes the Quality Manufacturing Process in the production of all eyewear.
- Explores underlying reasons for recurring laboratory problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at causes; strives to develop long-term solutions.
- Manages special orders, following up within guidelines.
- Focuses on developing the most qualified lab associates by ensuring training/coaching in the following areas:
- Quality Manufacturing Process
- Final Inspection
- Asset protection
- Company safety and regulatory compliance programs
- Career development of lab associates
- Delivers constructive feedback in a timely manner to all lab associates. Confronts problem performers directly and without delay; initiates appropriate disciplinary action when necessary and follow up to monitor progress.
- Monitors training saturation reports:
- Completes Quality Manufacturing Program Review Questionnaires and annual performance reviews for lab associates.
- Recruits and selects high caliber staff.
- Schedules to business needs, utilizes Company provided programs to forecast hours needed and appropriate shifts.
- Performs administrative duties to include payroll, lab incentives and lab statistics into the Point of Sale system as required.
- Completes and files in a timely manner all necessary store and lab paperwork thoroughly and accurately.
- Strives to improve technical knowledge through the completion of the Quality Manufacturing Program and continually applies that knowledge in the production of all eyewear.
- Is attentive to detail with all measurements, calculations, equipment settings and defective product.
- Ensures all Company approved lab safety programs are implemented and maintained consistently per standards, creating a safe working environment for all associates and customers.
- Ensures all lab associates are trained on the safe use, storage and disposal of approved laboratory chemicals, including annual refresher training. Documents training certificates retained in personnel files. Ensures all newly hired associates receive chemical safety training as part of new hire orientation.
- Responsible for the basic operation, cleaning and ongoing maintenance of laboratory tools and equipment by ensuring adherence to established QMP maintenance procedures and calendars.
- Maintains machines and diagnoses to support machinery functionality.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2+ years management/supervisory experience
- Able to analyze store financial data and make recommendations regarding steps which can be implemented in the lab to improve profitability
- Thorough technical knowledge of lab processes and equipment Business acumen to support Lab Efficacy Metrics that deliver customer and patient experience
- Basic math skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- State licensure and/or ABO Certification
- LensCrafters Final Inspector Certification
- LensCrafters Quality, Fitting and Adjusting Program
- Experience in optical lab
- Knowledge of optical theory
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Administrative; Manufacturing; Sales / Account Management; Sales Associate Administrative; Manufacturing; Sales / Account Management; Sales Associate