Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
The role of intermediate Level 2 Application Support within a department providing a range of production management services to the Operations business unit at Morgan Stanley. The department covers systems supporting activities such as settlements, position keeping and services and transaction booking. Although experience of Operations systems and business flow is not essential the role requires that this is developed over time. The role gives an opportunity to build this knowledge from scratch or to further build on past experience including taking Morgan Stanley business unit certification where appropriate.
There is a weekend on-call rotation where we are required to support maintenance schedules. This weekend work is kept to as little as possible and team members receive days in lieu the following week ensure a sensible work life balance.
- Acting as an escalation point from our level 1 group the level 2 team provides production management services including end user support, systems monitoring, ticket monitoring, incident and problem management, plant management and event management.
- The ability to perform a coordinating role with a large vendor based team in global locations including small-project management tasks.
- Performing stability reporting to senior business sponsors and development team leads, working with development team contacts to guide stability relating work.
- Manage a suite of applications (predominantly but not exclusively developed in house) and deployed on a distributed Linux platform using Sybase and DB2 databases and a range of both internal and external connectivity over channels including TCP-IP, MQ and SWIFT). End user GUIs are a mixture of C++ clients and web based sessions.
- Scripting and tool development is encouraged to help perform data analysis and commoditize request resolution steps.
- Assisting trouble shooting with strong technical skills in both the Linux environment and Sybase/DB2 databases, so we can aim to keep resolution within the L2 team.
- Problem management to seek the cause of inefficiencies we face, to enables us to take a metrics driven approach to prioritizing work.
- The holder of this role would be a key contributor to cross department initiatives opening up the possibility of visibility to a broad set of key stakeholders in the Firm.
- The role offers an interesting mix of technical and business challenges allowing the holder to develop an in-depth understanding of how Morgan Stanley's Operations business works.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong experience of Linux environment .i.e. administration and basic infrastructure.
- Strong technical background in data modeling and databases, such as Oracle, Sybase and DB2 including SQL de-bugging and performance tuning
- Comfortable with scripting such as Perl and shell
- Experience with MQ and Autosys.
- Incident Management
- Strong verbal and written skills required to interact with global teams and customers
- Good organization and coordination skills
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to learn rapidly on-the-job
- Exposure to XML
- Experience with large batch or MQ based systems.
- Experience of end user support
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.