Number of positions:
Unit#3, 10525 Bramalea Road, Brampton, ON, L6R3P4
$54,000 per annum; The gross salary paid is subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions such as EI and CPP.
4% of the gross salary
Hours of Work:
35.0 Hours a week. Overtime applicable at the rate of 1.5 after 44 hours of work per week
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Obtain specifications for eyeglasses or contact lenses from a prescription prepared by an ophthalmologist or optometrist or by analyzing the client's eyeglasses or contact lenses and by measuring client's eye curvature, pupillary distance and bridge width, using optical measuring devices
- Assist clients in selecting eyeglasses by advising on lens materials, frames, tints and anti-reflection coating
- Advise on use and care of contact lenses
- Arrange for grinding and polishing of lenses or grind and polish lenses
- Cut and edge lenses and fit lenses into frames
- Adjust finished eyeglasses to fit client
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- Ensure quality, consistency, and compliance with policies, procedures and standards.
Specific Job Requirements
- An eligible applicant must be registered with the College of Opticians of Ontario as a Licensed Optician
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an intern/optician
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Completion of a college program in optical sciences is required.
How to apply:
By email to: email@example.com