Licensed Practical Nurse- Winnipeg ( Casual)
If your strive to provide a safe, responsible environment and are committed to providing excellent care, this casual position would be a great opportunity to join the CBI Health Group.
Based out of Winnipeg, you will be responsible for the care of participants from ranging from child to senior citizen age groups. Some participants may have medical issues which will require utilization of nursing techniques. This position requires access to a vehicle with a valid drivers license is required for consideration.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you will:
• Demonstrates skill and knowledge of working with participants between the child and senior citizen age groups.
• Demonstrate leadership supervision and the ability to organize for a medical team including medication administration, nursing procedures and medical emergencies.
• Ensure all medical staff have appropriate support and resources to successfully complete their duties.
• Demonstrate ability to analyze and resolve problems efficiently and be resourceful.
• Promote health and safety with the participants.
• Assist with inventory and administrative based tasks.
• Contribute to the barrier free, clean and safe site.
• Remain calm in any situation, yet solve problems quickly in emergencies.
• Maintains professional organization standards of personal behavior and appearance.
Behavioral Competencies Required:
• Listening, understanding and responding appropriately with participants / team members creating a respectful and positive environment
• Impact & Influence
• Self-control & discipline
• Client service orientation
• Professional Behaviour
• Effectively establish and build solid rapport with participants
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to learn
Technical Competencies Required
• Application of approved nursing techniques as related to medical and/or psychological therapeutic treatments
• Knowledge and adherence to nursing code of conduct
• Ability to perform and document services using the nursing process of assessment, planning and evaluation
• Client record documentation and maintenance
• Computer proficiency
To take on the role of Licensed Practical Nurse, you must have:
• Current Certificate of Competence as a Licensed Practical Nurse from the regulatory body in the province of Manitoba
• Current CPR and First Aid Certificate.
• Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months.
• Have a valid drivers license and access to a vehicle.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Proven interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Previous community experience is an asset.
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Training and development opportunities
• Support and recognition
• Opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals
About CBI Health Group:
For over 40 years, CBI has been working to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians. As Canada's largest provider of community healthcare services, CBI is made up of 13,000 physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, behavioural therapists, administrators, and professionals. CBI is set apart by the unique ability to work as an integrated network to foster on-going learning, enhance best practices, improve access to care for all Canadians and achieve the best outcomes possible for our patients. With a talented, interdisciplinary team of caregivers and professionals, CBI provides the right services, in the right place, at the right time.
To learn more about CBI, please visit www.cbi.ca. Check out CBI on Facebook: facebook.com/cbihealthgroup and on Twitter at twitter.com/cbihealthgroup
CBI Health Group is an inclusive, caring and respectful workplace. We champion diversity, equal opportunity and accessibility and we are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise People and Culture during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.