Job DescriptionJob Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Community Care ManagementWork Site: Evergreen Community Health Centre Status: Regular Part Time (0.90 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible Salary: $27.87 - $31.15 per hourHours: Monday - Friday 08:30-16:30; 1 rotating week day off Reference#: 118634-jmc
JOB SUMMARY:In accordance with the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Strategic Framework and vision, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) practices within the Scope of Practice and Professional/Practice Standards of the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) and within VCH polices and decision support tools. Within an interdisciplinary health service team and collaborative nursing care model, the LPN provides direct care to stable and predictable clients experiencing chronic disease, frailty, and/or other conditions that require supports to live independently at home. As per established policies/procedures the LPN uses standardized assessment and screening tools, such as the Resident Assessment Instruments (RAI-HC), to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care, including home support services and accessing community resources. Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships based on mutual respect and client and family-centered care. Supports clients and families to achieve and maintain optimal health based on client needs and goals.QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Current full practicing licensure with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years recent experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse providing care in acute care (medical/surgical/palliative) and one (1) year in community settings or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group including stable and predictable clients experience chronic disease, frailty and/or other conditions that require supports to live independently at home.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology of common diagnosis related to designated client group
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated client group
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated client group by communicating with the RN.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency for client population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner, including RAI-HC reassessments, Financial Assessments, and Home Support Orders.
- Demonstrated skill in chronic disease and palliative symptom management of clients.
- Demonstrated skill in performing LPN scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated client population including infection control, etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.