Job DescriptionJob Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Work Site: Home Health Nursing, Central Community Health Centre - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Part Time (0.70 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $27.87 - $31.15 per hourHours: 08:30-16:30 with Saturday, Sunday and rotating days offReference#: 117908-eag
About Home Health Programs
Home Health programs provide a range of health care and support services to people living in the community who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs.
JOB SUMMARY:Practices within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses and the vision and values of the organization. The LPN practices collaboratively as a member of an interprofessional team within Scope of Practice and Professional/Practice Standards of BCCNP for Licensed Practical Nurses and within VCH policies, guidelines and clinical practice documents. The LPN provides care to clients and families based on predictable outcomes and the needs/outcomes can be managed by following an established plan of care or under the direction/supervision/guidance of a Registered Nurse (RN). The LPN works closely with the RN in direct care activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care. The LPN will support clients and families to achieve and maintain optimal health.QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Three (3) years recent experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse providing care in the community or acute (medical/surgical/palliative, simple wound care) care setting or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and practice within the standards dictated by the BCCNP for LPNs.
- Broad knowledge of working with clients and families across the life span.
- Broad knowledge of working with Medical, Surgical and Palliative clients.
- Broad knowledge of Community resources and polices.
- Demonstrated ability to apply decision-making and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interprofessional team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer programs (Word, Microsoft Outlook). Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.