|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Personalized Support and Stabilization (PSS)|
|Work Site:||Personalized Support and Stabilization (PSS) - Lions Gate Hospital|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$27.87 - $31.15 per hour|
|Hours:||08:00-18:00 with Saturday and Sunday off|
Personalized Support and Stabilization is a new community team of interdisciplinary professionals working together to support people to safely transition, early on, from hospital settings back to their homes in the community.
In accordance with the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Strategic Framework and True North Goal’s and vision, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) practices within the Scope of Practice and Professional/Practice Standards of the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) as a Licensed Practical Nurse and within VCH polices, guidelines, and clinical practice documents. Within a comprehensive care management model and within the context of a client and family centred care model, works to address client and family centred care needs supported by an interdisciplinary health service team and delivery model. Provides care to clients and families who are experiencing health challenges such as end of life and chronic diseases based on predictable outcomes and the needs/outcomes can be managed by following an established plan of care or under the direction/supervision/guidance of a Registered Nurse (RN). Works collaboratively with the Registered Nurse in direct care activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care. Assists the Care Team in the completion of designated client assessments using Resident Assessment Instruments (RAI-HC) as per established policies/procedures. Establishes, maintains and enhances therapeutic relationships based on respect. Supports clients and families to achieve and maintain optimal health by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years recent experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse providing care in acute (medical/surgical/palliative) and one (1) year in community settings or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group - geriatric, chronic disease and end of life client populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis related to designated client group (e.g. dementia, depression, COPD, UTI, diabetes, CA, CHF)
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated client group (e.g. CA, end-stage liver disease; renal failure; simple wound care; diabetes; COPD), including safe medication practices (eg. Best Possible Medication History, transcription and administration).
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated client group by communicating with the RN.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with catheters and tubes for client population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner, including RAI-HC reassessments.
- Demonstrated skill in chronic disease and palliative symptom management of clients.
- Demonstrated skill in simple wound dressings of ostomy/wounds, insertion and care of urinary catheter, bowel care and provides care of body after death.
- Demonstrated skill in performing LPN scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated client population including infection control, etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.