|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)|
|Work Site:||Intermediate Care Unit, Hilltop House Long Term Care Facility - Squamish, BC|
|Status:||Temporary Part Time (0.73 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until approximately October 2021|
|Salary:||$28.15 - $32.02 per hour|
Days off: Rotating, on a 4 on, 4 off schedule
Come work as a Licensed Practical Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Are you a dedicated healthcare worker and enjoy working as a member of an interdisciplinary care team? Do you thrive in both independent and collaborative environments? Apply to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse at Vancouver Coastal Health today!
As an LPN at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform the full scope of practical nursing functions for clients with predictable outcomes including activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
- Work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary care team and under general supervision, and support the Registered Nurse in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes.
- You will work under the direction of an RN for patients where the acuity or complexity of care requires an advanced level of knowledge and skill beyond the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
ABOUT HILLTOP HOUSE:
Hilltop House is located in Squamish, BC, approximately one hour north of the Vancouver lower mainland and accessible on the scenic Sea to Sky highway. The area hosts an abundance of recreational activities such as mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing and kayaking, as well as a growing arts and culture scene. Hilltop House is a 61-bed long term care facility for seniors with complex needs. It provides home-like care for its permanent residents, as well as respite care, a community bathing program and adult day care for seniors.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.