Licensed Practical Nurses – St. Paul
The St. Paul location is hiring Licensed Practical Nurses
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta, Health Professions Act, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards
Your new role
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care. LPNs at Extendicare Athabasca are required to work to their full scope of practice.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education.
What you'll need to succeed
- Currently registered and a member in good standing with CLPNA (ALBERTA)
- Previous experience in long-term care preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to work effectively within a variety of stressful situations and challenges, and with various individuals or groups.
- Proven integrity through open and honest interactions with colleagues and encourages active participation and commitment from others in the pursuit of common goals; understand roles, set expectations, share information, and build consensus.
- Proven experience in taking personal responsibility for seeking information from various sources enables others’ learning through sharing experiences, coaching and mentoring.
- Strong organization, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills; excellent attendance and clinical performance record required.
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com